”It is the marriage of the soul with Nature that makes the intellect fruitful, and gives birth to imagination.” Henry David Thoreau
Welcome to Walden! A place that combines the beauty of the natural world with the warmth of a modern cabin. Located on 50 acres along the historic Shenandoah River, Walden offers one of the most spectacular retreats in the valley.
* 4 Person Hot Tub
* 40" Smart TV with Netflix and Chromecast
* 10x26 covered porch
*8x10 screen porch
* Fully equipped kitchen
* Gas fireplace
* Outdoor fire pit
* Charcoal Grill
* Pets Welcome ($20 per night pet fee)
* 150 yard walk to river along path through the field
* 7 Miles north of Luray, VA.
* 20 Minutes to Shenandoah National Park
* River access area with picnic table, chairs and fire pit
The riverfront is solely for the use of our guests at Walden and Sundance. Although Sundance and Walden share the riverfront, the two cabins are completely private from one anther.
Walden is a place where you can understand what Thoreau meant when he wrote, “Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself the influences of each”